Basic Self Defense
MovNat training emphasizes efficiency in movement and the combatives training is no different. Efficiency in combatives is based on:
- Awareness of your situation/surroundings
- Avoiding the situation
- Reacting to the situation
MovNat combatives is about defending yourself and the one’s you care about in the most effective and efficient way possible. It is common to see people “duke it out” in a street fight, where egos and rules exist within the context of the fight. In MovNat, if we can not avoid the altercation, then we want to end it as quickly as possible. This isn’t about complicated and fancy techniques that can be hard to remember. If someone cannot learn the technique in 5 minutes, then it is too complicated and will not be effective under the stress of a fight. We use the most simple, effective, and efficient techniques possible. Here is what you can expect to cover in a MovNat combatives training session:
- Attitude and mindset- yourself, the aggressor, and the fight.
- Tactics and techniques- ranges, positioning, strikes, and weapons.
- Scenarios- a reality based component of training for mental and physical preparation. (i.e. violent knife attack and the bar fight)
- Conditioning- incorporating these techniques into conditioning training. This includes incorporating other MovNat movement techniques to create a combo workout.